In Connecticut, over 26,000 workers are members of District 1199. The Union represent nurses, certified nursing assistants, personal care attendants, technicians, clerical employees, service and maintenance workers, and other workers in a variety of health care settings including state services, nursing homes, home care, hospitals and community programs for the developmentally disabled.
Click on any of the links below for more information about the work of the union in each sector:
- 1199 Statement on Gov. Lamont’s Neglectful Budget Proposal
- Message from 1199 Leadership regarding the Attack on the Capitol – 1.8.21
- Candlelight Vigil for Long-Term Care ‘Bill of Rights’ – 12.22.20
- Press Release: Health Care Union Endorses COVID-19 Vaccination for Frontline Workers
- Book Release Ceremony: “Care Under COVID”
- ‘Personal caregivers do noble work — and are not adequately compensated’ – an OP-ED from the CT Mirror