In Connecticut, over 26,000 workers are members of District 1199. The Union represent nurses, certified nursing assistants, personal care attendants, technicians, clerical employees, service and maintenance workers, and other workers in a variety of health care settings including state services, nursing homes, home care, hospitals and community programs for the developmentally disabled.
Click on any of the links below for more information about the work of the union in each sector:
- It’s Time to Treat Us With Dignity
- Moral Budget Requires Funding State Services to Meet Growing Need of CT Residents
- ‘CT’s Uneven Recovery’ – Poor people are still suffering from economic downturn brought by COVID
- Op-Ed from the Hartford Courant: ‘When COVID-19 hit Connecticut’s nursing homes, we cared for your loved ones, but we got no love back’
- The clouds are starting to open:’ Residents and staff remember hardship, contemplate future one year after COVID hit Connecticut’s nursing homes
- Long-Term Care Workers Stop Traffic in Fight Against Poverty Wages