In Rhode Island and nearby Southeastern Massachusetts, nearly 5,000 workers belong to District 1199. We represent nurses, CNAs, technicians, clerical employees, service & maintenance workers, and more in a variety of settings that include hospitals, community health centers, nursing homes, community programs for the developmentally disabled, and other important social service programs. Click to read about what 1199 members in Rhode Island have been doing.
- Press Release: Health Care Union Endorses COVID-19 Vaccination for Frontline Workers
- Political Scene: Union efforts raise stakes in Providence House race
- RI Nursing Home Workers Postpone Strike Plans for August 5th
- RI lawmakers push for better protection in nursing homes
- From Covid-19 to Police Accountability, Let Us Breathe – A Letter from President Rob Baril
- ‘We are in a war zone, and we’re scared for our lives’ – Boston Globe