In Connecticut, over 26,000 workers are members of District 1199. The Union represent nurses, certified nursing assistants, personal care attendants, technicians, clerical employees, service and maintenance workers, and other workers in a variety of health care settings including state services, nursing homes, home care, hospitals and community programs for the developmentally disabled.
Click on any of the links below for more information about the work of the union in each sector:
To make a contribution in support of SEIU 1199NE’s Strike and Defense Fund, Please click here for the Paypal link.
- Health Care Frontline Staff Rally at Capitol and Deliver Petition Letter about the Budget to Gov. Ned Lamont
- 1199 New England Union Member to Participate in National Council for Occupational Safety and Health COVID-19 Briefing
- It’s Time to Treat Us With Dignity
- Moral Budget Requires Funding State Services to Meet Growing Need of CT Residents
- ‘CT’s Uneven Recovery’ – Poor people are still suffering from economic downturn brought by COVID
- Op-Ed from the Hartford Courant: ‘When COVID-19 hit Connecticut’s nursing homes, we cared for your loved ones, but we got no love back’