In Connecticut, over 26,000 workers belong to District 1199. We represent nurses, CNAs, technicians, clerical employees, service & maintenance workers, and more in a variety of settings that including state service, nursing homes, hospitals, community programs for the developmentally disabled, and other important programs. Click below to read about what 1199 members in Connecticut have been doing.
- Message from 1199 Leadership regarding the Attack on the Capitol – 1.8.21
- Candlelight Vigil for Long-Term Care ‘Bill of Rights’ – 12.22.20
- Press Release: Health Care Union Endorses COVID-19 Vaccination for Frontline Workers
- Book Release Ceremony: “Care Under COVID”
- ‘Personal caregivers do noble work — and are not adequately compensated’ – an OP-ED from the CT Mirror
- Natchaug Hospital Union Workers Picket For Better Workplace Safety And Protection