Join us today in Hartford at Shiloh Baptist Church for a press conference and rally to demand a People’s Budget. A budget that prioritizes the needs of those most vulnerable in our communities, not billionaires and corporations. With elected officials, representatives from local communities, faith and labor based organizations…
- Workers For Justice: https://www.facebook.com/WorkersForJustice
- SEIU CT State Council: https://www.facebook.com/seiu.ct
- CSU-AAUP: https://www.facebook.com/CTStateUaaup
- 32 BJ SEIU: https://www.facebook.com/32BJSEIU
- Working Families Party: https://www.facebook.com/CTWFP
Together, we demand:
- Financial support and training opportunities for working people in Connecticut who have lost jobs or been economically harmed by the pandemic.
- Increased funding for public services, good jobs, health care, affordable housing, education, small businesses, and infrastructure. No more cuts and forced austerity.
- Mandate that billionaires and wealthy corporations contribute their fair share to the financial health of our state. Working people—Black, white, and brown—can no longer bear the burden of an unfair tax system.
- This must be a fundamental component of all recovery programs. Women, immigrants, and people of color are the backbone of our essential workforce and our communities. We must have a courageous focus on righting historic wrongs.
Local Press Coverage provided by The Hartford Courant