In Connecticut, over 26,000 workers belong to District 1199. We represent nurses, CNAs, technicians, clerical employees, service & maintenance workers, and more in a variety of settings that including state service, nursing homes, hospitals, community programs for the developmentally disabled, and other important programs. Click each division to read about what 1199 members in Connecticut have been doing.
- 1199 New England Union Member to Participate in National Council for Occupational Safety and Health COVID-19 Briefing
- It’s Time to Treat Us With Dignity
- Moral Budget Requires Funding State Services to Meet Growing Need of CT Residents
- ‘CT’s Uneven Recovery’ – Poor people are still suffering from economic downturn brought by COVID
- Op-Ed from the Hartford Courant: ‘When COVID-19 hit Connecticut’s nursing homes, we cared for your loved ones, but we got no love back’
- The clouds are starting to open:’ Residents and staff remember hardship, contemplate future one year after COVID hit Connecticut’s nursing homes